Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Since we are spending the majority of our time at home, I have been trying to get more creative in the kitchen and bring different meals to the dinner table. I’ve been digging through the fridge thinking of the ingredients I currently have instead of making another trip out to the grocery store. Gratefully, we had the perfect ingredients for chicken echiladas.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
What you’ll need:
- 9×13 baking dish
- Cooking spray
- Large skillet
- 2 shredded chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce OR (2) 10 ounce enchilada sauce cans
- Shredded manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced orange and red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Mrs dash chipotle seasoning (to taste)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- Hot sauce
- Kefir Cheese (sour cream replacement & great live & probiotic cultures)
- Organic blue corn chips/ tortilla chips
- Boil two chicken breast and shred (I prepared my chicken the day before and had it prepped and ready to use).
- Preheat oven at 375
- In a large skillet, sauté yellow onion, garlic, diced zucchini, and bell peppers in a little bit of olive oil or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle in sea salt, cumin, and Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning to taste. Sauté until they are slightly soft and onions are translucent. Once cooked, set aside.
- Spray your 9×13 baking sheet with cooking spray then coat the bottom of the baking sheet with enchilada sauce (about half the bottle or can-Image A)
- On a cutting board, lay out corn tortillas. Add a pinch of chicken, a tablespoon of sautéed veggies, and a sprinkle of shredded machego cheese (Image B)
- Roll the tortilla up and place it in the baking sheet (the opening or ends of the tortilla should be down). The coat of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan will help it stick (Image B)
- Repeat the stuffing and rolling of the corn tortillas until the baking pan is full (I was only able to get 11 in my pan- Image C)
- Coat the top of the tortillas with more enchilada sauce (be generous) and then sprinkle more shredded cheese over top as desired (Image D)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese and sauce is bubbly (Image E)
- Take the pan out of the oven and prepare to serve with desired toppings (Image F)